Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NOT A FAN

Well, some of you may say, why is this Blog titled "NOT A FAN"! Well, it is the title of my Next Sermon series! I am fully convinced that to date, this will be the most Challenging, thought-provoking, life-changing Series that God has ever prompted me to teach and preach from. The Message behind this series is that Jesus is looking for those who will be His Followers, not His Fans! Fans are described as "Enthusiastic Admirers" which means as long as He is doing and giving me what I need Him to I admire Him and am enthusiastic about Him, but the moment I feel like He's letting me down and not coming through for me as I think He should, I lose interest just as I would for my favorite sports team, but a "Follower" is not like that, because a follower goes where Jesus goes, does what He wants and is obedient to what He says, this is a "fully devoted follower of Christ", which our Ministry and I as a Pastor am determined to lead people to become. Begin your assessment NOW, are you a FAN or a FOLLOWER!

No comments: