Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'M ON ASSIGNMENT

There's a popular saying among Christians these days that simply goes "I'm on Assignment", I've even found myself saying it in times past. What "I'm on Assignment" means is that there has been a task assigned to me by God that I must share with others. Don't get me wrong there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying or being "On Assignment", but I do want to remind us of the great responsibility that comes with "Being on Assignment". Let me start by saying that there is a difference between "being on Assignment" and "wanting to be on Assignment"

HERE'S A PREVAILING TRUTH: Your Assignment will always be in proportion with your Ability and your Availability. The More Able and Available you are to God, the greater your Assignment! In other words your Assignment will never be greater than your Ability or your Availability!

James 3:1 declares this in the Amplified Translation... "NOT MANY [of you] should become teachers (self-constituted censors and reprovers of others), my brethren, for you know that we [teachers] will be judged by a higher standard and with greater severity [than other people; thus we assume the greater accountability and the more condemnation]"

So remember before we take an assignment or desire an assignment be sure and understand the EXPECTATIONS that come with carrying out that Assignment!


STAY STRONG!
Pastor V.

No comments: