Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Some Personal Thoughts

I've come to a point in my life where I just don't expect the same things that I used to. More specifically I don't expect people to respond to my crisis as they would their own! I used to get upset when people would "Casually" responded to anything that I would go through. It really bothered me for others to be aware of the crisis, chaos or challenge but only respond in a way as to say, that's your problem and not mine! If I was bothered about something I would get genuinely upset when I shared my hurt, pain or just a problem with someone and they wouldn't give the response I thought they should.

One reason I was like that was because I know the type of response that I would give someone if they shared their burdens and problems with me. I by no means expect people to become emotional, but I did expect them to show some emotion (even if it was non-verbal). Well, the older I get the more I realize that I can't expect others to respond to my circumstances as I would theirs. I by no means want anyone to throw me a pity party, because I don't even do that for myself, nor I am BY NO means an attention-seeker! In some way I just believe what the Bible says over in...

2 Corinthians 1:2-4 (NIV) 2 "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God"

I also believe that we should give what we expect to be given!

- Be Strong!

PASTOR V.

No comments: