Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Gospel makes the Difference

There's an old hymn of the Church that I grew up on entitled: "Lift HIM Up". What I love about this Hymn is that it makes so much sense in regard to the Power of Gospel! I think it goes without saying that The Gospel (The Good News of Jesus Christ) is what transforms man's life and brings him to a place of renewal and regeneration. There's a portion of the Hymn that says this...
 
"Don’t exalt the preacher, don’t exalt the pew,
Preach the Gospel simple, full and free;
Prove Him and you will find that promise is true,
“I’ll draw all men unto Me.”

The Refrain of the Song goes...
"Lift Him up, Lift Him up,
Still He speaks from eternity:
“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth,
Will draw all men unto Me"



I lift this Song because I have noticed among Christians and church-goers alike that many have a habit of exalting the PREACHER! I often hear people give preachers nicknames and terms of endearment! While there is not "sin" is in doing so I believe that it often promotes and exalts the Preacher/Pastor rather than the CHRIST! Which cause many to be Personality-driven when it comes to Church attendance. Rather than worshipping the Savior, there becomes a Worship of the Leader! If a person leaves church and talks more about the Pastor, what the Pastor said, who the Pastor is, how the Pastor "tore it up" or "turned it", rather than how God used the man or woman or God or how God really spoke to them or better yet how because of God using the Pastor, they (the hearer of the Word) intends on making changes in their walk with God because of how GOD'S Word spoke to them.


The bottom line is THE GOSPEL MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!~

Signing Off,

 - P.V.

No comments: