Wednesday, February 29, 2012

OVERRATED

Believers are not called to live "overrated"or "over-hyped" lives. In other words as a Christian I should not trying to be something that I'm not! I should be living a life that is consistent with what the Word of God in it's proper context has said about me. In fact the Apostle under the power and instruction of the Holy Spirit gives us a list of "Righteous Behavior" on the behalf of the Believer over in Romans 12:16, here's what is says...  

Romans 12:16 (Amplified Bible) "Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty (snobbish, high-minded, exclusive), but readily adjust yourself to [people, things] and give yourselves to humble tasks. Never overestimate yourself or be wise in your own conceits".

HERE'S WHAT I'M NOT TO BE...

1. I'm not to be "high-minded" or Prideful

2. I'm not to think I'm too good to associate with people who aren't in high positions or have a lot of money or may reside lower-class communities or those who are the least, the lost or the left-out!

3. I'm never to give a false evaluation of my own life or as the New Living Translation puts it, "...think that I know it all"

No comments: