Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 3 of 21-day Fast

Well, today is day 3 of CCFC's 21 day Corporate Fast and God is already moving in a powerful way. I just want to share a little bit about the Benefits of God!

DEVOTIONAL: "Blessed because of His Benefits" Day 3 - Psalm 103:1-5 (NLT)  1 "Let all that I am praise the LORD;  with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. 2 Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. 3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. 4 He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. 5 He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!"

A Benefit is described as "something that promotes well-being" or it is described as "an act of kindness", well a few of the ways that God demonstrates His love and kindness toward us is mapped out there in PSALM 103 1) He forgives Sins 2) He heals diseases 3) He redeems or frees my life from the destruction tha Sin brings 4) Crowns me with His Love and Mercy 5) Fills my life with good things. These are not an exaustive list, these are just a few mentioned here in our text, there are several other benefits that come with knowing God.

Wow, what an incredible list of benefits! My relationship with God is the most rewarding and fulfilling relationship that you and I could ever have. Today take the time to give the Lord praise or as David (the Psalmist) here in the text puts it, "Bless the Lord O my Soul" or "Let all that I am praise the Lord".

Whether we know it or not, we have more to be thankful for than we really know, so let the praises of God resound all throughout the day as you reflect upon all of the mighty and wonderful benefits that come with knowing Jesus!

Stay Strong!
-- PJV

No comments: