Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DAY 9 of 21-Day Fast

DEVOTIONAL: Day 9/Psalm 109

It is popular from the World's standards to repay men evil for evil. When someone hurts you according  to the World, you should hurt them back, in the world's eyes it's right to reward someone according to how they treated you whether good or bad. However, God's standard for handling the evil and hatred that man gives you, is totally opposite of the way the world believes you should handle it.

In Psalm 109:2-4 the Psalmist says this (NKJV)... 2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful Have opened against me; They have spoken against me with a lying tongue. 3 They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, And fought against me without a cause. 4 In return for my love they are my accusers. But I give myself to prayer."

Wow, how powerful is that? The Psalmist instead of exchanging evils with his enemies, says "I give myself to Prayer". In other words his weapon of choice in dealing with this battle with his haters is the Spiritual Weapon of Prayer! In fact the bible instructs us in several ways and on several other occasions on how to Deal with our haters, our enemies with the power of prayer or some other spiritual means. Let's look at a few:

Matthew 5:44 (NKJV) admonishes us to:
- love your enemies
- bless those who curse you
- do good to those who hate you, and...
- pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

Romans 12:21 says:
- overcome evil with good

So as you can see, it's biblical, Godly and right to deal with the bad that others display toward you in a good, Godly way. So instead of attempting to go blow for blow with those who hate you, devote yourself to Prayer and watch God do the rest!

Stay Strong!
-- Pastor V.

No comments: